I have been shopping for laptops for my business, and so this is how I decided to write What Is A Google Chromebook. Most of you like myself have more likely heard of this type of laptop, but if you are like me, you might not really know all that much about them?
The Google Chromebooks are available on laptops and tablets, and I for one didn’t know this. These operate on a system by the name of the Linkx-Based Chrome OS, and these perform on the Chrome Browser. These are basically designed and manufactured by Google, so what are the PROS and CONS of purchasing these products?
- Lighter in Weight
- Approximately 8 Hours of Battery Life
- Built-In Virus Protection System
- Fast Boot-Up Time
- 100 GB Storage
- Amazing Library of Android Apps
- Regular Protection Updates
- 32 GB App Storage
- Very Limited Offline Usage
- No CD or DVD Drives
- Lacks Software Compatibility
- Poor Graphics & Gaming Features
- Low-Resolution Display
- Google Suite Instead of Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Apps Download Available
- Adobe not Available
- Low-Quality Video Editing
Bloggers, Students & Professionals
Google Chromebooks are recommended for bloggers and students who are shopping for a budget-friendly laptop or tablet, and for the person on the go, the lightweight is another bonus to consider. For those who spend their time online, and if Chrome Browser is your preferred browser and works well for you, this could be a product to consider.
If you are a professional business that requires the use of software, I would not recommend you go with this product. This is not going to provide you a powerful computer capable of adding your favorite business software and hardware, but if you are mainly purchasing this type of product for just when you are out and about for research and shopping this would make you a nice supplemental device.
How do you choose the best Chromebooks might be something you would like to know, I know this was important to me since I know very little about laptops, so here are the shopping tips provided by PC Magazine.
- Screen Resolution for screens between 13 to 15 inches, 1080p will be a good choice to consider.
- Celeron or Pentium will be adequate choices, and Chromebooks based on Core CPUs will provide you more multitasking but expect to pay more.
- Storage is in the cloud so your storage choices will be between 32GB and 64GB, you do have the option to add a SD card slot for more storage if needed.
- Most Chromebooks are wireless, so you will be using WiFi connections, you can add USB ports to attache a mouse.
PC Magazine Recommends
Here are what PC Magazine recommends for those shopping for a Chromebook, So let’s see what they have to say?
- Limited Budget ( Acer Chromebook 514)
- Students ( ASUS Chromebook C5 23)
- Business ( Acer Chromebook 714)
- Streaming ( HP Chromebook 15 )
- Enterprise ( Dell Latitude 5300 2 in 1 )
- Travelers ( Google Pixelbook Go )
- Inexpensive ( HP Chromebook x360 )
- Shoppers ( Lenovo C340 )
I have to admit I don’t totally agree with PC Magazine’s recommendations, but they do specialize in computers. I have had bad experiences with Acer in the past, so I am not comfortable with the Acer brand. I have been using HP for years with success, so this is my own favorite brand.
The Google Chromebook Shop
I must admit I was surprised when I visited The Google Chromebook Shop, and I highly recommend if you are seriously shopping for a Chromebook check out their products. You can find a variety of products from a variety of brands, and Acer is one of the brands. Whatever brand you favor the most is totally a personal choice, and we can get a lemon from any brand, so maybe the brand is not as important as I have always thought? You will surprisingly find a variety of price ranges to choose from, so whatever your budget this is the first place I would shop.
Best Buy Business Account
Did you know Best Buy provides special deals and financing if you have a business account, and you can even open a personal account and a business account if you want to keep them separate? You just need two email addresses to set this up, I just stumbled upon this while shopping for laptops on the weekend.
What Are The Benefits
- Large Variety of Business Products
- Business-Related Price Savings
- Volume Purchasing Available
- Reward Points & Discounts
- Best Buy Advantage Card
- Special Financing
- Free Business Account
The Best Chromebooks 2020
Before I conclude this business training I want to share the best Chromebooks for 2020, and this list is from The Tech Radar website.
- Google Pixelbook Go according to Tech Radar is the best Chromebook ever made, and this can be yours for approximately $649.00.
- HP Chromebook 14 is the second best on their list, and as you know my favorite brand. This is supposed to be the best balance between value and design, you can purchase this for approximately $379.00
- ASUS Chromebook Flip provides premium specs and economical pricing, and this one runs around $399.99
- Acer Chromebook R11 has a 360 degree hinge that customers rave about, you can take this home for about $401.99
- Acer Chromebook 314 has the reputation as being an excellent product and deal, you can get this for around $249.00
So you have two websites with reviews on what they feel are your best choices, and now you have to make the difficult decision which one is right for you?
What Is A Google Chromebook
I must admit writing this training for you has at least narrowed down which products I am going to consider, but I am still not sure exactly which one I am going to end up purchasing at this time. For me there is no rush to purchase this product, I am adding this as an additional computer, so I can be more productive when away from home.
Thank you for reading What Is A Google Chromebook