Microsoft Windows 10 download free as of April 2020 you can still upgrade the tools on an older computer with Windows 7, and you are not required a product key and the digital license allows you to be legal. For anyone new to this program I am going to provide you some information in this article, so please read on if you are using an older program and are ready to upgrade.
What Is Microsoft Windows 10
Let’s learn about Microsoft Windows 10, so if you are brand new to this program you might be interested in what features this is going to provide you. So below I have listed the features of this program, so check them out and see what you think about them.
- Start Menu Returns
- Xbox App
- Spartan Browser
- Multitasking Improvements
- Universal Apps
- Office Apps with Touch Support
- Action Center
- Unified Settings Control Panel
So these are the best features according to Laptop Magazine for Windows 10, and you can read more about these features in more detail in their article Top 10 New Windows 10 Features. To be completely honest with you I am not impressed with this program, and if I had my choice I would still be using Windows 7 as my preferred operating system.
You can still download Windows 7 software for free, but as of April 2020 you are not able to update or receive any support from Microsoft. So this is their way of officially retiring this program, but in my own opinion this was their best operating system. It is simple and effective to use, and you can be more productive with this system than any of the new versions.
Windows 10 Advantages
Even though I am not a big fan of Windows 10 there are advantages, so let’s take a look at what are the advantages of upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Return of the start menu with a modern appearance is much appreciated after Windows 8 without a start menu, so this is one positive feature we all should appreciate. The lack of the start menu was greatly missed by users, so Microsoft was smart enough to return this feature in their newer versions.
- Longer system updates has been promised by Microsoft for this version of Windows, and users can expect to be able to receive access to updates and support up to 2025. So it seems this system is expected to be around for quite a while, and this is good news considering updates and support for Windows 7 & 8 are non-existent now.
- Virus protection is claimed to be considered excellent and improved, but I would not recommend you not purchasing additional virus protection if I was you. Even with this version I have had viruses sneak through their protection, but lucky for me I am using Panda Security Anti-Virus that has kept my computer running virus-free. I am using the Panda Free Anti-Virus with awesome protection for over the past 6 years, and you can opt for one of their paid versions but I have never had to upgrade myself.
- DirectX 12 is good news for you gamers, and even though I am not a gamer I know there are many of you who are. This is the first version with this addition, so I would love to hear comments from any gamers what their experience is with this new addition to this version of Windows 10.
- Touch screen for devices such as Microsoft Tablets is another new addition that many users might love, but again if anyone wishes to leave me comments on this addition I would love to hear from you if it is what Microsoft claims to do.
- Full control addition with the ability to turn programs on and off is another feature bragged to be an advantage with this program, so you have the option to choose which programs you want to be active as soon as you turn your computer on.
- This version is claiming to be faster than any in the past, and is supposed to require less processing power to operate more efficiently for users like you. This should be a great advantage for laptop users, so if any laptop users have experienced longer battery life I would again urge you to leave me a comment.
Windows 10 Disadvantages
In my opinion, I am not convinced this version is all that awesome from my own experience. Maybe I am just disappointed still from the loss of Windows 7, so let us see what are the disadvantages of this version of Windows.
- Privacy problems is a possible disadvantage, and what throws a red flag to me is Microsoft is keeping it a mystery about users data from this program. We do know there are analytic tools tracking our computer behavior, and what I dislike the most is I am unable to disable these analytic tools to protect my computer activity. No one really seems to know exactly what information is being used from our using this program, so this is something I am concerned about having an online business of my own.
- Compatibility to software and hardware can be a disadvantage going from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so if you have older programs and games on your computer there is a chance some of them might not be compatible when you upgrade to the new version.
- Lost applications is another issue you might not be happy about after upgrading, and there is no standard DVD player available after you upgrade if you lost your present DVD player application. Another bummer is the Windows photo viewer will be removed, but the good news there are downloads available to replace your old program.
So for many users it would be wise to check if you are going to lose anything that you will miss by upgrading, but for most of us with an online business there really is not much of a choice this is something we are going to have to do eventually since updates and support for Windows 7 are not available any longer.
How Much Will Windows 10 Cost You
Prices are even more important now than ever since the COVID-19 virus hit us, and many of you might be still playing catch up from being unemployed for several months. So how much is this going to set you back might be something you really need to consider, and I know myself my income was hit hard during those several months just like yours. If you have a computer or laptop with Windows 7 you can upgrade to Windows 10 on the Microsoft website for $139.00, but you just might be able to upgrade without spending the cash. There was a free upgrade offer in 2016 that I have heard is still working for many people, so you might want to give this a try before putting out the cash if money is a problem.
Upgrading From Windows 7 To Windows 10
Thanks to Pure Info Tech providing this step-by-step guide I can assist you in upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you can use their guide in their article How to Upgrade to Windows 7 to Windows 10 . You will be using the Media Creation Tool, so be sure to check the requirements before using this tool to be safe. This tool can be used if your computer has the requirements to upgrade your computer to Windows 10, you can also create a USB or DVD and install on a different computer.
- Last updated May 27, 2020
- Developed by Microsoft
- Freeware no license required
- Windows Operating System
- File Size 18.6MB
- Downloads 495,970
- Four Star Rating
Media Creation Tool
- Files formats optimized for speed
- Built in media creation options for USBs & DVDs
- Optional conversion to ISO file format
Installing Windows 10 System Requirements
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster compatible processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard drive size:||32GB or larger hard disk
Note: See below under “More information on hard drive space to install or update Windows 10” for more details.
|Graphics card:||Compatible with DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
|Internet Connection:||Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features. Windows 10 Pro in S mode, Windows 10 Pro Education in S mode, Windows 10 Education in S mode, and Windows 10 Enterprise in S mode require an internet connection during the initial device setup (Out of Box Experience or OOBE), as well as either a Microsoft account (MSA) or Azure Activity Directory (AAD) account. Switching a device out of Windows 10 in S mode also requires internet connectivity.
These are the basic requirements your computer requires to install Windows 10 safely, and if your computer lacks these requirements I suggest you consider if might be time to purchase a new computer.
Best Computer Deals Recommended By Digital Trends
- Lenovo IdeaCentre 510A Desktop PC
- HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Mini PC
- HP 24 All-in-One PC
- HP Pavilion GTX 1650 Gaming Desktop PC
- Apple Mac Mini
- Dell XPS Special Edition GTX 1660 Ti Gaming Desktop PC
I have been using the past 6 years my HP Pavilion desktop computer, and I am extremely satisfied with the long-life and the performance this computer has provided me. So I do stand behind HP computers from my own experience over the years, but I am not saying you must purchase this brand I am just sharing my own experience with this brand over the years.
Can You Still Get Windows 10 For Free
Are you still using Windows 7 on your computer, and despite the free upgrade has expired you still can upgrade Windows 10 the last I knew. I would suggest if you are interested in upgrading to do it real soon, you just never know when this will no longer be available. I must warn you there is the risk of upgrading could possibly wipe out your settings and apps, so if these are important to you I would save them on a DVD to install them later on. You also should know some of your programs and apps might not be compatible with the new version, so this is something I feel you should know before you upgrade your computer operating system.
For those of you concerned about using Windows 7 in 2020 here is a video especially for you, and with no more updates and support from Microsoft you really should watch this video if you plan on keep using your favorite program.
Microsoft Windows 10 Download Free
I have shared how you can get Windows 10 in this article, and for any of you who feel safer updating to this version from Microsoft you can use the link below. You will be charged a fee of $139.00 for this program, but you will be able to download it free. I have provided you information that I hope you found useful, and I encourage you to leave me comments if you have any preference for future articles.